They do not go to school here?
- No.. . one of them finished 9th grade and the other one finished high school...
- (Mother) No, its costy
- (Father) And I do not work, how are we going to pay
- (Mother) She said, mommy, we need to survive, we can’t afford school, I need to go and work, even if I make 200 a month is helpful, said this young girl. My older daughter finished high school and the young one finished 9th grade, and now they can’t continue their education...
Now they work, how about you, are you ill? What happened?
- (Mother) He had heart operation, then he had stomach bleeding and lost blood, he received 7 bags of blood... in the hospital, for month
- (Father) I also have diabetes, I get insulin...
- (Mother) it was from his fear, he can’t walk properly, he can’t go to shop or do anything. I want to work as well. How long the kids are going to work. They are young and they have their lives... I want to help them to earn bread. They do not see anybody. They work from morning to night. We don’t know what to do
Is your income enough?
- (Mother) its not enough, this city is very expensive, we have extra costs here, like we pay extra for electricity, and garbage. Its too much.
How do you manage, loans?
- (Mother) yes we have 1000 USD as a loan, we are paying slowly, we have no other way, what can I do. If we can go from this place... I really want to go, so that we have a better future. These kids will one day go, how are we going to do, what will happen to us? Things are getting worse? I want to go to Holland
You think its possible?
- (Mother) I don’t know... we told the UN we want to go with your help and we applied with them, they said you need passports... We brought passports and applied again and we are waiting. Here the situation is not good. There are many kurds in the neighborhood who are harassing our daughters... We escaped war and now we are facing other problems
- My husband cannot walk, can’t go out to do anything, go to grocery store for example. He has nerve problems, and I can’t anymore,... the kids, the house, how should I do all. I really can’t take it anymore.